Here's how it breaks down:
- Federal tax refund: $1800
- State tax refund: $300 (anticipated, not yet deposited)
- Side-business income: $1900
- Refund from mortgage company for an escrow overage: $350
This has made the following possible:
- Pay off all my credit cards (including the business card)- check out the progress bars on the right!
- Fully fund my travel account
- Give about $400 away to people/causes that I support
Other good stuff:
- I discovered that I could still open a Roth IRA for 2007 and deposit money into it. I did. I transferred the full $4K for '07 and another $2500 for '08 from my ING account.
- Looks like my monthly escrow payments are going down by $40 each month.
- One of my roommates will be moving out and I am planning on moving into her room and renting out my larger gorgeous room for an extra $100/month. This will bring my housing expenses down to $265/month. Throw in the $40 reduction from above and we're looking at a monthly outlay of $225. Wow.