Monday, March 17, 2008

Rolling In It

We're only half way through the month but I am declaring March the best month of the year! Well, so far anyway; I don't want to rule out the possibility that things could get even better. I've had more money coming my way this month than I could have possibly imagined.

Here's how it breaks down:

  • Federal tax refund: $1800
  • State tax refund: $300 (anticipated, not yet deposited)
  • Side-business income: $1900
  • Refund from mortgage company for an escrow overage: $350

Total: $4350

This has made the following possible:
  • Pay off all my credit cards (including the business card)- check out the progress bars on the right!
  • Give about $400 away to people/causes that I support

Other good stuff:
  • I discovered that I could still open a Roth IRA for 2007 and deposit money into it. I did. I transferred the full $4K for '07 and another $2500 for '08 from my ING account.
  • Looks like my monthly escrow payments are going down by $40 each month.
  • One of my roommates will be moving out and I am planning on moving into her room and renting out my larger gorgeous room for an extra $100/month. This will bring my housing expenses down to $265/month. Throw in the $40 reduction from above and we're looking at a monthly outlay of $225. Wow.
At the end of the month I'll tell you more about how I've gone over budget in some areas... but it's all still good! Yay! This is my version of march madness and I love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.