Here's how I did with my budget this month:
Earned Income after taxes and withholdings
Job 1: $1530
Job 2: $512
Total income: $2042
Transportation: $82.68 for gas (still have half a tank left, can go for another week)
Groceries and Supplies: $221.63 (have enough food left for another two weeks)
- Grocery stores: $134.84
- Restaurants: $62.53
- Haircut: $19.95
- Post Office: $4.31
Student loans: $87
Other debt: $725 ( 0% to my sister)
Repay myself for car purchase: $400
Total expenses: $2026.31
- The tenants at my rental property just paid their rent.. on time.. and they haven't been calling with complaints and problems! I was a little concerned that they'd be high-maintenance but I was wrong! I love being wrong about stuff like this.
- My 403b withholdings are all set up and I've already contributed $1290 this month. This should continue for the rest of the year.
- I liquidated some old investments before the markets fell. I have already used $5000 to pay off some of my credit cards. I am holding the other $5000 until I open a Roth, which should be next month.
- My remaining debt breaks down as follows:
- Sister 0%: $8525
- WaMu 0%: $1250
- Advanta 0%: $2063
- Student loans: $835
- February is a short month. I have enough food to last me a couple more weeks and enough gas to last another week. I have a week off which I may be spending with my family (even more free food!). I expect my living expenses to be fairly low next month which should allow me to save up for my summer trip or eat out a few more times :)