Sunday, March 29, 2009

Making Money Is My Current Hobby

I enjoy making money. It's such a fun hobby! It's a little hard to explain to people that this is one of my favorite pass-times though. Money still isn't considered polite conversation in most circles. Shame.

My previous hobby used to be saving money. I got such a kick from figuring out how to squeeze the most value out of every free or inexpensive resource available to me (as evidenced by my random desire to make up a budget for living on minimum wage) But I think now I much prefer the idea of having a lot more money flowing through my life.

I want to take a look at what I've been able to do with my income over the past few years. Let's start in 2006.

2006
Main source of income: job, salary of about $30,000
Bought a house: no income yet
Bought a rental house: no income yet
Decided to start a little online business: no income yet
Total: $30,000

2007
Main source of income: job, salary of about $32,000
My house: roommate income about $8700
Rental house: tenant income: (before expenses: $8,500) after expenses, about $500
Business: (before expenses: $650) after expenses about -$1500 :(
Total after expenses: $39,700

2008
Main source of income: job, salary of about $40,000
My house: roommate income about $9850
Rental house: tenant income (before expenses $9500) after expenses about $1500
Business: (before expenses: $3500) after expenses about $2200 :)
Total after expenses: $53,550

2009 (projected)
Main source of income: job, salary $40,000
My house: roommate income about $11,000
Rental house: tenant income (before expenses $9840) after expenses about $1700
Business: (before expenses: $6000) after expenses about $4800
Total: $57,500

Ah, I love watching that number go up! Now, to make it go up faster.... that can be the next challenge in this Great Money Challenge.

Link

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is your online business?

Wireworks said...

Great post! Very informative and helpful… I can see that you put a lot of hard work on your blog, I'm sure I'd visit here more often. Maybe, you want to come by my site too. It's mainly about Do it Yourself Credit Repair . I'm sure you'd find it useful. thanks!

Greg London said...

Making money is my current hobby as well. No thanks to the stock market glitch today, I didn't do too good on making money.