Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Who is Responsible for You?

Meg at All Financial Matters does write some wonderfully provocative posts! I just read her article Take Responsibility for Your Money Problems. I agree with almost everything she says.

But then again, I am a firm believer in the concept of choice, and that we all have it in spades. Every moment of every day, I am making a choice. I can choose to act a certain way, to react a certain way, or to not act at all. The more conscious I am of the choices I am making, the more I am able to control my 'destiny'.

Who is responsible for my destiny? My parents? My employer? The government? The markets? Luck? Is that what I want?

Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice;
it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.
William Jennings Bryan

Who's responsible for your destiny?